Thursday, September 12, 2013

The History of Newspapers Response

I really enjoyed the lecture about Newspapers. I didn't know much about the format of newspapers and the history. I found the formatting of an article to be  the most interesting in the newspaper lecture. When I read the newspaper I didn't really noticed that the most important news was at the beginning. I just figured that the whole article was important, including details. The Inverted Pyramid style of writing has helped me learn how to write a correct article. I thought the reason behind why journalists or reporters had to use this style was smart and clever. I don't think I would be able to come up with that idea. The part I also found interesting was the case on John Peter Zenger's newspaper. I learned that the truth is the most important and ultimate defense and from where it originated. I thought it was amazing how 1 person's newspaper led to the change of modern day news such as the freedom of press.

No comments:

Post a Comment